The Richmond Symphony is collaborating with government and civic organizations to plan community festivals under the Big Tent that will make a significant impact on participating neighborhoods by combining the power of music with community investment. The Big Tent allows us to offer free outdoor concerts and serve tens of thousands of people a year, creating unique opportunities for the public to experience the music of the Richmond Symphony. The Richmond Symphony Community Philosophy is to:
- Create transformational benefits to the host community
- Be more than the single instance of a Symphony performance
- Focus on community partnerships and shared goals
- Provide opportunities for members of a community to participate and use the Big Tent for additional activities
- Craft meaningful and positive experiences/outcomes for all involved
- Encourage community pride
- Generate additional funding and activities for students and schools
- Raise funds and awareness for local non-profits/community initiatives
For more information about the Big Tent and Community Festivals, please contact Anna Strahs Watts, Richmond Symphony Community Partnerships Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 804.788.4717 ext. 141.
- Magnificent Midlothian Food Festival in partnership with Chesterfield County & Bon Secours
Saturday, October 7th // 12:00 – 6:00pm // Richmond Symphony performs at 4:00pm
Rain Date: Saturday, November 18th at 2:30pm, location TBD.
- Southside Community Festival — details TBD