The Richmond Symphony is collaborating with government and civic organizations to plan community festivals under the Big Tent that will make a significant impact on participating neighborhoods by combining the power of music with community investment. Community Festivals create unique and different opportunities for the broader public to experience the music of the Richmond Symphony.
The Richmond Symphony Community Philosophy is to:
- Create transformational benefits to the host community.
- Be more than the single instance of a Symphony performance.
- Focus on community partnerships and shared goals.
- Provide opportunities for members of a community to participate and use the Big Tent for additional activities.
- Craft meaningful and positive experiences/outcomes for all involved.
- Encourage community pride.
- Generate additional funding and activities for students and schools.
- Raise funds and awareness for local non-profits/community initiatives
RVA East End Festival: The Gift of Music May 6-8 at Chimborazo Park
Celebrate Jackson Ward: Past, Present, and Future May 20-22 at Abner Clay Park
Red, White, and Lights July 4 at Meadow Farm Museum/Crump Park in Henrico County
For more information about Community Festivals, please contact Suzanne Mallory-Parker, Richmond Symphony Community Partnerships Manager at email@example.com or by calling 804-788-4717 ext. 141.