The Richmond Symphony is collaborating with government and civic organizations to plan community festivals under the Big Tent that will make a significant impact on participating neigh-borhoods by combining the power of music with community investment. The Big Tent allows us to offer free outdoor concerts and serve tens of thousands of people a year, creating unique op-portunities for the public to experience the music of the Richmond Symphony.
The Richmond Symphony Community Philosophy is to:
- Create transformational benefits to the host community
- Be more than the single instance of a Symphony performance
- Focus on community partnerships and shared goals
- Provide opportunities for members of a community to participate and use the Big Tent for additional activities
- Craft meaningful and positive experiences/outcomes for all involved
- Encourage community pride
- Generate additional funding and activities for students and schools
- Raise funds and awareness for local non-profits/community initiatives
For more information about the Big Tent and Community Festivals, please contact Suzanne Mallory-Parker, Richmond Symphony Community Partnerships Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 804.788.4717 ext. 141.