May 5-6, 2017 | Chimborazo Park, 3200 East Broad St. Richmond, VA 23223
The RVA East End Festival: The Gift of Arts and Music will be an inclusive community celebration highlighting the diverse neighborhoods and unique quality of Richmond’s East End. Proceeds from the festival will be used to support and enhance music education in Richmond Public Schools East End.
Performances by the Richmond Symphony and many more will take place during the two-day neighborhood festival devoted to the arts. Other activities include a variety of performances by local artists and schools, a kids activities, food trucks, beer garden and vendor booths. Bring your lawn chair and enjoy the music! Festival admittance is free and open to the public.
Friday, May 5 • 5-9 pm
Saturday, May 6 • 12-8 pm
Friday, May 5 | 5-9 pm
Opening Ceremony @ 6:15 pm
Performance by the Richmond Symphony with Virginia Rep
Saturday, May 6 | 12-2 pm
Armstrong High School
George Mason Elementary
The Show and Tells
Church Hill Academy
Commonwealth Dance Academy
Saturday, May 6 | 2-8 pm
Life’s Dream Art Academy
Ball and Chain
Richmond Urban Dance
The Cheats Movement
*Order above does not reflect run of show. Lineup subject to change.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES | Volunteers are a vital component to the success of community festivals. From set-up to tear-down and everything in between there is a volunteer opportunity to fit your skill set! Volunteer opportunities include event set-up, check-in, beer and wine service, bucket collections, survey distribution, kids activity assistant and more!
PERFORMERS | Application process is now closed for performers. Thank you for your interest. The RVA East End Festival 2017 in conjunction with the Richmond Symphony seeks to showcase talented artists, outstanding school programs and exceptional community groups during this 2-day festival.
SUPPORT | Help support the RVA East End Festival in 2017 by making a donation!
SHUTTLE START AND END TIMES
Saturday, May 6 | 11 am-5:30 pm, will run every 1/2 hour
(no shuttles on Friday evening)
PICKUP AND DROPOFF LOCATIONS
- Peter Paul Development Center: 1708 North 22nd Street
- Fairfield Court Recreation center: 2506 Phaup Street
- Creighton Court Recreation Center: 2101 Creighton Road
- Mosby Court Recreation Center: 1543 Coalter Street
- Whitcomb Court Recreation Center: 2302 Carmine street
- Neighborhood Resource Center: 1519 Williamsburg Road
- Powhatan Recreation Center: 5051 Northampton Street
- Fairmount House: 1501 North 21st Street
- Church Hill House: 2400 Burton Street
- Bowler Mason Retirement Housing: 608 North 26th Street
- Nathaniel Bacon Retirement Housing: 815 North 35th Street
- Beckstoffer’s Senior Housing Apartments: 1224 North 28th Street
Reservations can be made by calling 804.646.3012