Update on Fall concerts:
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Richmond Symphony! The safety of our patrons, staff, and musicians remains our priority. Following local, state, and federal guidelines, the following measures have been put in place by the Richmond Symphony and ASM Global (the management company of the Dominion Energy Center and Altria Theater).
Key safety elements for the Fall 2020 season schedule include:
- Mandatory mask requirement for all staff, audience members (masks will be provided as needed)
- Temperature check as patrons enter the building
- Theatre will open 1 hour early to allow time for patrons to enter while maintaining social distancing
- Adjusted programming to allow for socially-distanced seating between musicians on stage
- Assigned social distanced seating for patrons to allow 6ft + distance in between groups
- Reduced seating capacity in the Carpenter Theatre from 1,800 to 450
- For the added comfort of those who prefer a shorter concert, Friday evening performances will be 80 minutes long, presented without intermission.
- Designated separate staircases for “up” or “down” foot traffic only
- Concessions will be suspended so as to avoid congregating
- Theatre will be cleaned and disinfected prior to each performance
- Hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the facility
- Number of patrons in restrooms at one time will be limited and each restroom will have an assigned housekeeper to maintain disinfecting throughout the concert.
- At the end of the performance, patrons will be dismissed by section to ensure social distancing.
- Digital playbills will be emailed in advance of the performance
- Pre-concert videos will in advance of the performance, in lieu of pre-concert talks
- Ticket exchanges to single ticket holders who feel unwell will be available. Please stay home if you feel unwell.
- Saturday evening Masterworks* concerts and LolliPops concerts** will be live-streamed.
Click here to learn about ASM Global’s VenueShield program.
*Masterworks livestreams sponsored by Altria
**LolliPops livestreams sponsored by Atlantic Union Bank
“Our 2020-21 season is an inspired tribute to Richmond’s spirit of resilience, hope, and connection as we navigate these unprecedented times. Now more than ever music has the power to heal, to inspire, and to connect all of us. We are excited to bring music on stage once again and have risen to the challenge of reimagining the program to make the live experience meaningful and enjoyable while as safe as possible. We are excited to be offering live events and livestream experiences to connect us together in these isolating times and hope you will be surprised and delighted by the program as it unfolds.” –Valentina Peleggi, Music Director
Please check back for more updates. The health and safety of our patrons, musicians, and community is our top priority.