Event Information« View All Events
- Date Friday, September 18, 2015
- Time 6:30 pm
- Venue Brown’s Island
- Gates open 5:30pm
- Conductor Steven Smith
Richmond Symphony Chorus
“American Idol” finalist Rayvon Owen
Soloists for Beethoven
Shannon Jennings, soprano
Rachelle Pike, mezzo-soprano
David Blalock, tenor
André Chiang, baritone
- SMITH Star Spangled Banner
- RIMSKY-KORSAKOV Procession of the Nobles from Mlada Suite
- VERDI "Triumphal March" from Act II of Aida
- BERNSTEIN Overture to Candide
- MONCAYO Huapango
- Justin Bieber's Believe Performed by Rayvon Owen and the Richmond Symphony
- BEETHOVEN Symphony No. 9 in D minor, Opus 125, "Choral" – Final Movement
Richmond Symphony and Rayvon Owen to Highlight Opening Ceremony
Music Director, Steven Smith will lead the Richmond Symphony in a free concert as part of the UCI Road World Championships Opening Ceremony on Friday, September 18. Joining the Symphony to perform the National Anthem will be “American Idol” finalist and Richmonder Rayvon Owen. This event is free and open to the public but requires a ticket for admission. Please feel free to bring a chair with you.
Read the media release.
The following Items are RESTRICTED for this event:
- Pets (service animals are permitted)
- Large backpacks, bags, coolers, etc.
- Outside Food, Drinks, OR Alcohol (one sealed disposable bottle of water allowed per person)
- Glass containers or bottles.
- Contraband (drugs and weapons)
- Laser pointers
- Bikes, skateboards, inline skates
- Flying objects (kites, Frisbees, footballs, etc.)
Security will be on site and all items are subject to search at any time. Please feel free to bring a lawn chair or blanket. Food and beverage (including beer and wine) vendors will be on site.
Bike valets will be available on Tredegar St.
PARKING INFORMATION: There should be ample parking available in the immediate area of the concert. Here is a list of parking lots and decks that will be open.
- Federal Reserve Parking Deck (5th and Byrd)
- The Shockoe slip deck (12th and Canal)
- RMA Parking Deck (Canal between 9th and 10th)
- Surface lot (at 3rd and 4th and Cary)
- Surface lot (at 5th and 6th Canal)
Visit the Richmond 2015 website for information regarding road closures to help you plan the best route into the concert.