Event Information« View All Events
- Date Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Time 6:30 pm
- Venue Libby S. Gottwald Playhouse
Shawn Welk, oboe
Richard Becker, piano
Pan, Arethusa from Six Metamorphoses After Ovid, Opus 49 for Oboe solo
- EDMUND RUBBRA Sonata in C Major for Oboe and Piano, Opus 100
- TOBIAS MATTHAY Three Lyric Studies for Piano solo (1921)
- RALPH VAUGHAN WILLIAMS Six Studies in English Folk-Song adapted for English Horn by Robert E. Stanton
- THOMAS F. DUNHILL Three Short Pieces, Opus 81 (1941)
- EUGENE GOOSSENS Concerto in One Movement, Opus 45 arr. by the composer for Oboe and Piano
This concert features oboe player Shawn Welk and pianist Richard Becker performing pieces by Benjamin Britten, Edmund Rubbra, Tobias Matthay, Ralph Vaughan Williams, Thomas F. Dunhill, and Eugene Goossens. The 2017 Summer Series is a collaboration among the Richmond Symphony, the University of Richmond Department of Music, and VCU | School of the Arts | Department of Music, and is made up of six casual, one-hour evening concerts featuring the theme of The Flower of England: From the Empire Through the Wars.
SINGLE TICKETS ON SALE MONDAY, MAY 8 @ 10AM!
Tickets are $18 for Adults and $12 for Children under 18 and College Students.
Cash bar available.
PLEASE CALL 804-788-1212 X2 TO ORDER A COMPOSE YOUR OWN SUBSCRIPTION