Event Information« View All Events
- Date Saturday, February 1, 2020
- Time 8:00 pm
- Venue Carpenter Theatre
- Conductor & Music Director Candidate Laura Jackson
- Guest Artist Julian Schwarz, Cello
- MICHAEL GANDOLFI Selections from The Garden of Cosmic Speculation
- TCHAIKOVSKY Variations on a Rococo Theme, Opus 33
- MAHLER Symphony No. 1 in D Major (Titan)
Welcome Music Director Candidate Laura Jackson as she leads the Richmond Symphony in an electrifying program, beginning with selections from Michael Gandolfi’s The Garden of Cosmic Speculation, a work inspired by the eccentric, physics-based garden in Scotland. Concert cellist Julian Schwarz, who is also Assistant Professor of Cello at the Shenandoah Conservatory (Winchester, VA), will bring his incredible talent to Tchaikovsky’s Variations on a Rococo Theme. Closing the evening will be Mahler’s Symphony No. 1 in D Major, “Titan,” a glorious work echoing nature and song.
A pre-concert talk will take place by Laura Jackson at 7 p.m. in Carpenter Theatre.
Learn more about Laura Jackson, Conductor.
For more information about Julian Schwarz, please visit: www.julianschwarz.com.