Event Information« View All Events
- Date Sunday, October 1, 2017
- Time 3:00 pm
- Venue Blackwell Auditorium at Randolph-Macon College
- Conductor Steven Smith
- Featuring Molly Sharp, viola
- Beethoven Coriolan Overture
- Clarke Concerto for Viola and Orchestra
- Davies Carolisima for Chamber Orchestra
- Haydn Symphony No. 83 (Le Poule)
- Series 2017-18 Metro Collection
Join us at Randolph-Macon College for intimate, chamber orchestra concerts that allow you to get up close and personal with the musicians of the Richmond Symphony. The series takes place at Blackwell Auditorium at Randolph-Macon College in Ashland and features free pre-concert talks at the Dollar Tree Room in Brock Commons one hour before the concert. This concert features soloist, Molly Sharp (viola) on Clarke’s Concerto for Viola and Orchestra. Additional works from Beethoven, Davies, and Haydn will be performed by the Richmond Symphony.
Learn more about Steven Smith, conductor
Learn more about Molly Sharp, viola
PLEASE NOTE: The date of this concert has been changed from October 8 to OCTOBER 1, 2017.