Richmond Symphony looks forward to welcoming you back to the Dominion Energy Center and Carpenter Theatre this fall! The safety of our patrons, staff, and musicians remains our priority. We continue to follow local, state, and federal health guidelines. The following measures have been put in place by the Richmond Symphony:
- All patrons please present a photo ID and proof of full vaccination against Covid-19 upon entering. This process should only take a few seconds.
- Anyone unvaccinated, like children, need only present a negative COVID test taken up to 72 hours before the performance along with their photo ID. The photo ID is not required for children under the age of 18 if they are accompanied by a parent/guardian who has met the requirements.
- Masks need to be worn while seated during the performance, however, they can be removed to eat and drink in the lobby before the concert and during intermission.
- Masks will be provided free to anyone without one upon entering.
- Patrons who feel unwell or have tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 2 weeks or have been in contact with someone that tested positive for Covid-19, are asked to stay home. Contact Richmond Symphony Patron Services at 804.788.1212 x2 or patronservices@
richmondsymphony.com regarding your ticket and viewing options.
- Free ticket exchanges for single ticket holders who have been ill or exposed to Covid-19 will remain in place. (Subscribers receive free ticket exchanges as part of their subscriber benefits).
- All musicians and staff are fully vaccinated.
Dominion Energy Center and Altria Theater VenueShield Program:
- Enhanced cleaning of the theater and ancillary areas will continue, including continuous cleaning and sanitization of high-touch areas.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the facility.
- Enhanced air filtration measures will remain in effect.
- Click here to learn about ASM Global’s VenueShield program.
- Please note there may be other protocols in place at other venues we perform in such as Hardywood, Randolph-Macon College, and the Perkinson Center for the Arts.
We will continue to monitor and adjust policies as needed. Please check back for more updates. The health and safety of our patrons, musicians, and community is our top priority.
As of September 7, 2021. Please note that regulations and requirements may change at any time.