Event Information« View All Events
- Date Thursday, August 15, 2019
- Time 6:30 pm
- Venue Libby S. Gottwald Playhouse
Meredith Riley, Violin
Magda Adamek, Piano
- Bennett Hexapoda: 5 studies in jitteroptera
- John Novacek Four Rags for Violin and Piano
- Gershwin Three Preludes
- MacDowell Woodland Sketches
- Still Mother and Child: Suite for Violin and Piano
The Summer Recital Series is a collaboration among the Richmond Symphony, the University of Richmond Department of Music and VCU | School of the Arts | Department of Music. The series was created as a way to showcase the talents of the professional musicians associated with these institutions. This year’s theme, Exploring America, features American composers and the diverse range of musical voices that make up the American classical music canon. These six casual concerts take place on Thursday evenings at 6:30pm in the Dominion Energy Center’s Libby S. Gottwald Playhouse; each concert is approximately an hour long. A cash bar is available both before and after the performance. These concerts often sell out, so get your tickets early!
Learn more about Meredith Riley, Violin.
Learn more about Magda Adamek, Piano.