Event Information« View All Events
- Date Saturday, October 26, 2019
- Time 8:00 pm
- Venue Carpenter Theatre
- Conductor & Music Director Candidate Roderick Cox
- Guest Artist Brandie Sutton, Soprano
- TCHAIKOVSKY The Tempest; Fantasy Overture, Opus 18
- CHARPENTIER “Depuis le jour” (Since the Day) from Louise
- BARBER Knoxville: Summer of 1915, Opus 24
- RACHMANINOFF Symphonic Dances, Opus 45
Cheer on Music Director Candidate Roderick Cox as he leads the Symphony in an energizing program inspired by literature and dance. Soprano sensation Brandie Sutton is sure to impress on Barber’s Knoxville: Summer of 1915, Op. 24, a work set on the prose poem by James Agee, and Depuis le jour from Charpentier’s musical novel, Louise. Also on the program are Tchaikovsky’s Fantasy Overture from The Tempest, inspired by Shakespeare’s revered play, and Rachmaninoff’s Symphonic Dances, Op. 45, an ode to the composer’s Russian homeland.
Join us for a free pre-concert talk by the conductor one hour before the performance.
Learn more about Roderick Cox, Conductor.
Learn more about Brandie Sutton, Soprano.