Event Information« View All Events
- Date Sunday, September 20, 2020
- Time 3:00 pm
- Venue Dominion Energy Center
- George Manahan Conductor
- Aaron Diehl Piano
- Adolphus Hailstork American Fanfare
- Joseph Turrin Jazzalogue No. 1
- Jessie Montgomery Banner
- GERSHWIN / arr. Iain Farrington Rhapsody in Blue
- Copland Appalachian Spring (Ballet for Martha) for 13 Instruments
- Sponsored By Covington Travel
Showcasing musical contributions that helped define American classical music. Aaron Diehl, known for classical and jazz piano, will perform Gershwin, alongside works by Copland; award-winning composer Joseph Turrin; Adolphus Hailstork, a groundbreaking Virginian composer and Old Dominion University professor; and acclaimed Leonard Bernstein Award recipient Jessie Montgomery.
Click HERE to read more about George Manahan.
Click HERE to read more about Aaron Diehl.
Click HERE for information regarding our COVID-19 health & safety procedures.
Please note that all artists, programs, and prices are subject to change without notice.
Thanks to our concert sponsor Covington Travel